Hearts= kettlebell snatches
Diamonds= kettlebell push press
Spades= Split squat
- 5/5 kettlebell swings
- 5/5 push presses
- 5/5 front squats
- 10 walkouts
- 5/5 kettlebell snatches
Kettlebell Strength Circut
Four rounds of 40sec work / 20sec rest with the GymBoss
- Renagade Rows
- Walking see saw press
- Walking lundge
- Aunt Cindy
Shaved 27 seconds off my previous best 5K finish time 23:53 (details). The race did not start until 10:00am and the tempature was above 80 F at the start. This route also include several hills, one really nasty at about the 2 mile mark. So I'm pleased with that time.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874
You can't have a Father's Day without kids. As a Dad I'm always wondering if I'm doing a good job raising my kids. Am I teaching them what they need to know to make the right decisions? Am I doing what I need to do to represent the characteristics that give a person the skill to be a productive member of society and not a burden on society? Do I make it clear that honesty and integrity trump the need to be considered "cool"? I always think that I'm not doing the right thing. However, here are the things I do know:
You might be a good Dad if:
- Other parents tell you that your kid(s) can come over any time.
- Your kid(s) get invited back to the same place time and time again.
- Other parents tell you how your kid(s) have good manners.
- Your son does the same goofy things that you did when you were a kid (even though your wife thinks it's inappropriate). Hey, boys will be boys.
- Your kid(s) argue with you but don't talk back to other adults.
- Your kid(s) show empathy to others.
My kids do all of the above and more so maybe I'm doing an ok job or maybe I'm lucky to be married to their mother.
Double Kettlebell (KB) Strength
Five rounds of 20 sec work / 20 sec rest with the Gym Boss
- Double KB cleans (substituted Sandbag)
- Double KB press (substituted Dumbells)
- Double KB squats (substituted Dumbells)
- Pull ups
One hour morning spin class at the East Lake YMCA
The regular teacher has been out for two weeks and the sub works more on spinning than strength. This should help bring together my aerobic and anaerobic condition. We will see this weekend.
Kettlebell Strength Work
5 rounds of 40sec work / 20sec rest non stop: 20 sec work on each side.
Use a heavy weight and focus on quality reps.
- One arm ring row l/r
- Step ups using sandbag l/r
- Evil wheel roll outs
- Kettlebell push press l/r
- Kettlebell snatch l/r
Kettlebell and Bodyweight Condition Ladder
Go down the ladder on each movement from 10-1 using one kettlebell
- Kettlebell Swings
- Mountain Climbers
- Jump Rope (100-10)
- Kettlebell Clean and Squat
Due to time I went 10-6 on the movements. Scale the workouts to your time and/or fitness level.
In an effort to cut cost CH2MHillOMI-Municipal Services removed from service one of the most talented, hardworking, positive, motivated individuals our project has seen. Jesse Milton is a creative, forward thinking person that helped to bring the project where it is today. Some of his accomplishments:
- By enforcement of the Tree Conservation Ordinance helped get more than $250,000 into the tree fund.
- By enforcement of the Tree Conservation Ordinance helped to save the City of Sandy Springs more that $100,000 by community service tree removal from tree service companies.
- Developed a program for tracking tree removal permits.
Someone needs to step up to the plate and do something nobel like this lady. Hiding in your office won't make it go away.
Jesse, good luck, your business will do great. It is your gain and our loss. See you soon.