2009-03-08

Part I Chapter 3

"HE WHO CAN DO THIS HAS THE WHOLE WORLD WITH HIM. HE WHO CANNOT WALKS A LONELY MAN."

What is this that can get the whole world with you? It is best explained in this story:
  • "I often went fishing up in Maine during the summer. Personally I am fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms. So when I went fishing, I didn't think about what I wanted. I thought about what they wanted. I didn't bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, I dangled a worm or grasshopper in front of the fish and said: Wouldn't you like to have that?" Dale Carnegie

So to influence people and get them to do something. Talk about what they want and show them how to get it.

  • "If there is any one secret to success, it lies in the ability to get the other person' point of view and see things form that person's angle as well as from your own." Henry Ford

Arouse in the other person an eager want.

2 comments:

Scott Edward Jacobs said...

Thanks for this--- And keep up the good work!

MikeB said...

My Pleasure. Thanks for stopping by.