2009-03-02

Part I Chapter 2

The Big Secret of Dealing With People-Give Honest and Sincere Appreciation

This chapter focuses on the one way to get people to do anything; make them want to do it. It points out the fact that praise is highly motivating and criticism can kill the ambitions of a person.

I believe in giving a person incentive to work. So I am anxious to
praise but loath to find fault. If I like anything, I am hearty in my
approbation and lavish in my praise.

Charles Schwab


Honest appreciation gets results. Criticism and ridicule fail.
  • I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer not neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

2 comments:

Scott Edward Jacobs said...

Yes!

This reminds me of the days when I was much younger and my mom would always get me to do more chores by saying things like, "You're so good at [Name of chore]."

It always worked, so sneaky!

MikeB said...

I tried it last night to get my kids to clean their room and the process was less tense and without all the reasons why they couldn't do it.